Cloud Engineer and Operations
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Edinburgh (Outskirt)
Salary: Between £35000 – £45000 DOE
As a Cloud Engineer and Operations, you’ll act as a hands on, senior cloud engineer working across the cloud infrastructure, applications and data, ensuring high levels of availability and reliability.
- Use your expert tech knowledge to influence the direction of projects whilst coaching and upskilling a team through implementing cloud engineering best practices.
- Be hands on with cloud enablement projects, understand what good looks like and see the bigger picture, taking architecture, security, service and delivery into consideration.
- Give and receive regular feedback to help the Cloud community, develop, mentor and guide engineers to grow their knowledge and skills.
- Remain hands on with cloud engineering, with a clear progression path to become more senior in your field without the responsibility of managing a team.
To do that, it’s essential you bring the following:
- Infrastructure as code experience with AWS, Azure, GCP and other cloud technologies.
- Considered experience in projects involving AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Cloud Migrations.
- Cloud Native operations.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Experience of IAC tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible or chef etc.
- Experience of using Docker or Kubernetes.
It’s helpful if you also have:
- Knowledge and experience in working with leading cloud providers.
- Infrastructure knowledge and experience of cloud operations and delivery.
- Technical leadership and experience leading cloud projects.
Your Experience / Background / Previous Roles May Include
Cloud Engineer, Cloud Operations Engineer, AWS Developer, Platform Engineer, Cloud Reliability Engineer
Interested? Please apply with your updated CV.