Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40000 + Benefits
Digit people are currently recruiting for an experienced .Net developer for a technology company based in Southampton. You will be part of growing Southampton based development team, delivering quality web and mobile solutions using a variety of technologies and toolkits.
The Company is looking to offer long term career stability and security to the right talented individual who can help the Company deliver quality web and mobile solutions. As a business they maintain hosting environments, support over 200 business websites and web environments, including World Health Initiatives developing technology.
In this role you will be using your .NET Developer experience and understanding of responsive design, web security, source control, databases, frameworks and API’s.
Working with designers to draw up detailed project specifications, meeting the clients to identify needs, liaising regularly, understanding agile project methodologies, working to a budget, deadlines, and maintain awareness of technological changes.
Key Features of the Role:
- As a .NET Developer your key responsibilities will include drawing up detailed project specifications, and present initial design ideas to clients, meeting relevant legal requirements such as accessibility standards, freedom on information and privacy.
- Coding using a variety of software and adapting to new technologies as they become available, editing content, debugging and refactoring code, maintaining a daily record of work completed and scheduled.
- Proofreading content and grammar, making changes where necessary, writing unit and integration tests, as well as carrying out post-sales technical support.
- Working with other web specialists including web developers and designers and liaising with outside agencies.
- Continual professional development to keep up to date with new software developments.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
To be a successful in this role you will need to be an accomplished .NET Developer with the following essential skills and knowledge:
• C#, ASP.NET, MVC, TDD
• Visual Studio, MSSQL
• Web services, APIs, FTP, XML, JSON, CSV
- VB.NET / NHibernate, Entity Framework / Knockout, Angular JS / MySQL, SQLite / IIS, Apache / Jenkins / Github, Subversion / Andriod, iOS /
- You may be needed to travel so a full UK driving licence and car are desirable.
What’s on Offer?
- A basic salary ranging up to £40,000 depending on experience and skill set.
- No shift work, late nights or continuous weekend work. However, going above and beyond to provide client services is expected.
- 20 days annual leave incrementing by 1 day per year in service up to 25, plus public bank holidays.
- 3 Month probationary period.
- Enrolment into the Company Pension Scheme, statutory employer contributions.
- Additional Employee Perks include free fresh fruit, bread and soft drinks throughout the working day, coffee- literally on tap.
- A breakout area incudes pool and football table along with Amazon Fire TV.
- Smart Casual office dress code and free parking on-site.
- Excellent internal promotion opportunities with a business who can offer personal development plans. The Company is passionate about building the best possible teams.
- Their goal is to lead the way in design, marketing and technology across a wide range of digital platforms. Adding talented, vibrant individuals to their team is crucial in helping them to achieve this.
If you have the right skills set and based in and around Southampton within a commutable distance please send your details for immediate consideration.