Security Operations Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Excellent and Depending on Experience
Location: Edinburgh OR Glasgow
Digit People are currently assisting a global technology client and are currently recruiting for a Security Operations Engineer permanent position. This is a critical information security position for our client and could be based in their ultra modern Edinburgh or Glasgow office.
We are looking for candidates with 3 to 4 years extensive information security industry experience.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Structured review controls and implementing them in the data and systems silos.
- Strong understanding of the security framework in practice and instigating mitigation tools.
- Proactively looking out for new threat chain models and securing the company environments and responding current and future security incidents.
- Coordinate security events that involve multiple teams.
- Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable the team to operate at high speed and wide scale.
- Analyse the impact to the organisation of current security trends.
- Ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of sensitivity, and multiple stakeholders.
- Identify, adopt the best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organisation. In the areas of network security, security operations, Cryptography, incident response, security intelligence.
- Provide SME expertise on high level architecture, authentication and system security.
Knowledge and experience:
- Extensive knowledge of cloud architectures, Internet security issues and threat landscape
- Background in SIEM and vulnerability management
- Solution deployment, scanner configuration, asset configuration, and analysis.
- Experience within cloud infrastructure such as AWS services.
- Hands on experience with security endpoint protection solutions and intrusion detection
- Strong exposure of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Design knowledge of secure networks, systems and application architectures
- DR, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications.
- Strong communication knowledge on C level stakeholder management and presenting companywide strategy on all levels of security issues.
If you have the right skills and attributes for this position, please send your details by applying for this position immediately.