Splunk SME Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, Southampton, Edinburgh
Digit People are currently working with several Cyber Security consultancies and currently shortlisting Splunk SME Engineers.
What you will be doing
- Act as a Splunk enterprise Subject Matter Expert
- Architect, design, support, and maintain high availability, distributed multi-clustered and multi-tenant Splunk deployment
- Maintain strategic Splunk architectural development roadmap
- Responsible for Splunk deployment and server infrastructure analysis, optimization and capacity planning
- Responsible for onboarding and maintaining a wide variety of data sources to include various OS, appliance, and application logs
- Support Splunk on Unix, Linux and Windows-based platforms
- Perform data mining and analysis, using various query and reporting methods
- Solve/troubleshoot complex integration challenges and configuration issues
- Create advanced searches, dashboards, visualizations
- Manage Splunk knowledge objects
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs.
What you will bring
- Preferably Security cleared
- Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent combination of formal education, and experience.
- Six (6) years of general work experience and two (2) years of experience architecting, configuring, deploying, and customizing Splunk.
- Splunk Administrator Certified or higher
- Strong understanding of all Splunk architecture components to include search head clustering, indexer clustering, deployment server, and monitoring console.
- Strong understanding of configuration files and the relationship between GUI configuration and backend configuration file impact
- Knowledge of advanced search and reporting commands
- Strong understanding of SPL as well as the ability to develop automated search and apps using Python or bash/perl/shell scripting
- Demonstrated ability to create complex dashboards, forms, and visualizations
- Understanding of System Log Files and other structured and non-structured data
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that include the ability to describe highly technical concepts in non-technical terms
In return you will benefit from:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Full benefits including medical and health insurance
- Pension plan
- A dynamic and professional environment, friendly team environment, and strong career progression opportunities.