Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £35000 – £45000 + Extensive benefits
Digit People are currently recruiting for a UX designer
permanent opportunity for a prestigious award winning client in the heart of
Manchester. We are looking for someone with 2 to 3 years of solid experience within
an enterprise level set-up.
- Currently all the designs are built within
Sketch so we’re looking for someone with at least 2 years of experience using
this tool and someone who can confidently use features such as creating nested
symbols, using different plug-ins, adhering to colour palettes and style guides
and naming layers and groups with correct terminology.
- Experience with using the Adobe CC Suite is also
needed. The main tools we use are Photoshop and Illustrator so being able to
use these also is a must in case any visual non-UI work needs creating, such as
icons, banners etc.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in responsive
web design and UX design (including research, wireframing and prototyping).
- Mobile app design experience e.g. iOS, Android
etc. is desirable.
- Previous experience designing products that
handle lots of data is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly
changing environment is necessary throughout this role.
- Good technical understanding with the ability to
pick up new tools quickly.
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating
with developers, project managers, testers etc. Communication is key to
delivering the best products.
- A good understanding of front-end web
development (HTML & CSS). This is so we can produce designs that developers
can easily use and understand when implementing our designs.
- Previous experience with analysing data and
carrying out user testing across different mediums is desirable.
- To proceed to our interview process you must
have an exceptional portfolio of previous design work that covers all of the
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- You will have excellent attention to detail.
This means your files and folder structures should be neat, tidy and can be
picked up by anyone else within the team with ease.
- We expect you to stress test and thoroughly
evaluate your work prior to it being presented in a design review and/or handed
over to the development team.
- You will be able to effectively communicate
ideas and solutions to different team members across the company.
- You will ensure the designs match the fully
documented set of requirements.
- You must also be willing to learn industry
standards, best practices and what customers expect.
- You will produce stunning UI designs that are of
the highest quality and set the bar in terms of creativity and innovation.
- All your work must be organised and easily
accessible by other team members (including Photoshop and Sketch layers) This
is of the highest importance during the project as all final designs have to be
fit for development.
- Being able to take on board constructive
feedback and producing an improved solution is a must.
To proceed to the interview process you must have an
exceptional portfolio of previous design work that covers all of the above. So if
you believe you have the right skills and attributes for this UX Designer
position, please apply by sending us your up to date CV and detailed
illustrated work portfolio covering all the key requirements mentioned above.